API APP Documents

I want to be able to share the app API documents with third parties so they can integrate their application data into my app.
How can I do that without giving them edit access to my account?

Is there a way or has anyone found a workaround?

Hi @kevinnn,

I don’t think you can do it on Adalo alone. You’ll have to share the Authentication Bearer, which basically allows access to all your tables…

So you might want to explore the 3rd party options for this, to build an “intermediary” API interface.

I immediately think about building this based on Integromat’s Webhooks, but I’m not really sure if this is a feasible way (remembering a quote “if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail” :slight_smile: ).
May be Xano could be used for this, but I’m not sure (@xano what do you think)?

I’d be interested to know what fellow makers and experts think.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi Thanks for rely.

I am talking about the documentation, not the APIs.
I know I will have to provide teh Bearer token but don’'t see why I have to share my Adalo user details just so the third party can see the API documentation. This does not make any sense to me.

Re xano - yes I am considering moving all the tables to xano many because I can store data in country of my choosing. I have not used xano other than to have a look but it seems promising.

I was hoping to MVP with internal collections then transition to xano but I may need to do that quicker.

Hopefully I am incorrect about API Documentation requiring full Adalo access to my app.

Hi @kevinnn,

Ok, my bad, I got wrong your initial post :slight_smile:

Are you talking about auto-generated API pages for the collections? I guess it’s not possible to get access to them without user auth; anyway the other access will be quite insecure. So probably you’ll have to copy them manually.

Also as for me providing Bearer Token to 3rd party is not very secure - they can do literally anything with your data. But this decision is up to you :slight_smile:

Best regards, Victor.

The 3rd party is the another IT developer who built the internal system. I am building the client facing app that the internal system will update for clients. They are mote strangers and will have effective Data control. I just don’ want them playing in the app just so they can see the app API docs. Not sure why I can’t “share” in some way. I have printed to PDF but not the best way to use.

Have you used xano?
I am very interested to give it a try.

I played with it a bit, but not a lot.
@xano and @bhanu are experts in this domain )

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.