Cannot continue unless data is selected on a page

I have a page where I’m collecting preferences and shipping information, how can I make it so that if they don’t select an option or they don’t fill out part of the shipping information that I don’t let them continue to the next step and also display an error message under the component?

Thanks for the help!

For the form, you can set the fields to be required. That would prevent them from submitting the form.

For the checkboxes, not sure if you can…

Thanks @vancewong, while the screenshot might show that it’s a form, it’s not. They are all separate toggle, text, text components. The toggles update a true/false in the DB and I have an action that turns the other one off if the other one is selected.

I’m trying to figure out, upon submitting and moving to the next page, if I can check if a toggle is selected or an input is filled out and if it’s not then show an error message.

Any ideas?

You can make the “Next” button at the end of the page disabled until all the conditions are met.

Having a button ‘disabled’ requires a workaround as well, where you create two buttons (one enabled with the “next page” action, and one disabled without any actions), and add visibility filters to each. You can find more here: Creating the Follow Function in Adalo (Followers and Following Others)

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

Not sure using the visibility rules will work since you can only set one rule. For example, I think I can only set to say “show if email shipping label is true or false.” I can’t say, only show this button if either “email shipping label OR mail me a bag/box” is clicked AND only show this button if “donate or recycle” OR “turn my items” is clicked and so on …

I’ll check the video out and open to any other ideas!

You’re right, there is that limitation. But the workaround for that is, set one visibility condition in the button, then put the button in a group, and set visibility condition #2 on that group, and then put that group into another group, and set visibility condition #3 on that group, and so on. So you’ll have a group within a group within a group, each with their own visibility condition.

A cumbersome process for sure, but this might do the trick until we can combine visibility conditions

4 Likes

Ahhhh! Good thinking. That could work. I’ll try it out and let ya know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.