Conditional action working on adalo previewer but not working in testflight

Hi there!

I have created an app in Adalo (wohooo!). And it seems to work fine in the Adalo previewer. But there’s something that does not work when I try it in testflight, and it’s a key part in the app.

So, as my app is a two-role app, there are two type of users and when they sign up, they choose what kind they are. So… as there are two different home pages, I created a ‘loading page/blank screen’ and from there, a conditional: if THIS KIND is true… then go to one home. If the other kind is true… then go to the other home.

And in adalo works fine. In fact, I followed an Adalo tutorial to create this. But when testing it on testflight, one of the conditions does not work, this means that with one role it works perfectly, but with the other, the blank state does not link me to the home. It stays there.

I hope someone has experienced this before and could help me to sort this! I really don’t know what else I can try.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Cristina.

Hi @Crisbyld1,

How exactly did you implement these conditional actions?

Best regards, Victor

Hi @Victor

Before I start, apologies for my possibly bad english explaining this technical issue :joy:.

First of all I created in USERS data base two true/false properties. One that is: Tenant, and other one that is: Landlord.

When the user signs up the form sign up for Tenant, I set an automatic condition: tenant is true. And when the landlord signs up, I set an automatic condition for: landlord is true. Here is how I know what kind of user is signing up.

Then, once the user is singed up, if he/she leaves the app, and comes back without logging out, the
home screen I set in adalo would do the following:

If Tenant is true, link to tenant’s home. If Landlord is true, link to landlord’s home.

As I said, in testflight the landlord’s condition is working perfectly, but the tenant is not. But in the previewer it looks perfect for both…!

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Kind regards,
Cristina.

Hi @Crisbyld1,

At a glance, your set up looks correct for me.
It looks like a bug - what I could advice is to submit a support ticket here: Submit a Support Ticket

As an option, you can “double-check” if the users are recognised correctly on “pre-home” screen: add 2 labels (“Landlord” and “Tenant”), make them conditionally visible for Landlords and Tenants respectively, and run another build. With this you can see if the user is recognised correctly as a Landlord or a Tenant.
Of course you can remove these labels afterwards.

Best regards, Victor.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi @Victor

Thanks again for your quick response. I will definitely the double-check you are proposing!.

I submitted a support ticket yesterday night as well, but I decided to try here too.

Thank you I’ll keep you updated :smiley:

Kind regards,
Cristina.

Hi, @Victor

Now it works perfectly, with the double check… that’s a bit weird, right? Maybe it is not possible to link one screen (with no buttons) to two different screens.

Thank you for everything! I really appreciate how easy is to work with adalo. The team is amazing and I am having a super nice experience with the forum and the support team.

Kind regards!
Cristina.

1 Like

Hi @Crisbyld1,

Glad it works now.
As for me this was some kind of a bug - I did similar thing a lot of times and didn’t experience any problems.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Hi @Victor

Yep, Adalo Support confirmed. It’s an Adalo limitation and it’s planned to be fixed in the following weeks. The team has included me in a mail list to let me know when this is available so I can add it again to my app.

Again, thank you so much :slight_smile:
Have a nice week!

Cristina.

1 Like