Database relationships and rendering for Q&A style app

Hello, all –

I just started using Adalo to test out an idea I have for a new app. I am excited to really learn how to use Adalo, so I can continue to leverage it if/when I have other ideas I want to spin up quickly. The idea feels pretty simple, just another iteration of existing social media apps, but I am really struggling with database relationships and how to then get them to render properly. I have been able to find a ton of helpful info on setting up user profiles, log in and out screens, following users, and such, but when it comes to getting the more unique ideas working, I am stuck. Below is a quick summary of the desired functionality as well as some screenshots of what I have so far. If anyone has any tips/tricks or tutorials that may help me confirm I am on the right path I would greatly appreciate it. Happy to provide as much additional info as needed.

General function.

• Users will then answer that question.
  • Answers will be rendered on a home screen that shows the original question with the answers from the users being followed by the logged in user.
  • Questions and answers should also render on user’s profiles (logged in and current)

Here are the database collections: Users, Questions, Answers

And, the relationship between each.

For context, I am trying to render the data in a custom list that uses the horizontal card list within a vertical list, snapshot below. I plan to use the same layout for user profiles.

Home:
Logged in User > Questions. (You can then reference the child record magic text of ‘Answer’)

User Profile
As above but Current User instead of LIU.

You will probably need many:many relationship, I suspect you will have a bank of 5-10 stock questions then all users answer these. To do it with a oneUser:manyQ’s relationship you would need to be repeating those questions on your table for each user.

Thank you for replying! I am trying this now!

Follow up question/problem.

I cannot seem to find the correct filter to show the following: Logged in user’s > following > Current question >answer.

When I tried Current Answer > User > Following > Answer. It still shows all answers even for users the logged in user isn’t following.

I then tried filtering Current Question > Answer contains Logged in user’s > following > answer’s. But that just leads my down a never end trail.

Does anyone know if I am just not using the correct filter combinations? Or could the problem be with my database relationships?