Error adding Domain

I am new to ADALO, I looked to ADALO support for a bug but only found the community. I appreciate someone can guide me. Thank you.
I upgraded to a PRO plan but it took five days and I can’t add a domain. I called my hosting provider and he says everything is correct, and that it must be an adalo error.

Hi @Shender,

It seems that you haven’t configured your domain correctly.

To start with: as I remember it is not allowed to add CNAME records for a “root domain” (in your case - fmradio.site).

I would advise to create a CNAME record app.fmradio.site, point it to hosting.adalo.com and then set up everything in Adalo.

P.S. You can see the long thread here Any GoDaddy domain owners? Adding DNS CNAME doesn't work, there is a workaround if you use CloudFlare.

Best,
Victor

Hi @Victor

image.png

Hi @Shender,

You have incorrectly set up your DNS records:

1. You have created a CNAME record not for mi.fmradio.site, but for mi.fmradio.site.fmradio.site. See here:

Query for mi.fmradio.site:

$ nslookup -q=CNAME mi.fmradio.site
Server: 192.168.1.1
Address: 192.168.1.1#53

** server can’t find mi.fmradio.site: NXDOMAIN

Query for mi.fmradio.site.fmradio.site:

$ nslookup -q=CNAME mi.fmradio.site.fmradio.site
Server: 192.168.1.1
Address: 192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
mi.fmradio.site.fmradio.site canonical name = arcos.adalo.com.

In the “Nombre” field you should enter just “mi”, not the fully qualified domain name.

1. Your record is pointing to incorrect domain. In the screenshot of Adalo setup, it is stated that you need to create a record pointing to hosting.adalo.com. Your record points to arcos.adalo.com.

2. I would advise to create a new record:
    mi CNAME hosting.adalo.com
    And delete the old one.

Hope this helps.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Thanks @victor for your patience … with your last indications it was solved.
I did not understand much at the beginning but I will read about DNS for understanding.

Thank you.

@Shender

1 Like

Hi @Shender,

My pleasure, glad I could help.
DNS could be tricky sometimes :wink:

Best,
Victor

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.