Find a Forms Record using the Forms simple list.. of records

Hello Everyone…

There must be a Simple Answer to this…

and very sorry if has been answered many times…

I am brand new here… But!.. No duck egg as far as making Databased Programs… (since 1997)…
But… for the life of me… work out how to find or simply go back to a forms filled out record… so it can be viewed and altered if needed… (I know about “update current record”) that works…

I presumed that the “Simple list” showing the brief data of the forms record… when it is clicked to go to form and would bring up the corresponding record… it only shows first record…

I have followed all demo’s… used all links…

I normally would not have this problem… usually there is a record locking in place right through pages…
So if anyone can tell me if this is possible to simply … by using the Form… using a picture in the record of that form… click on it… and will go to that precise record… back in the original form filled out by user…
Then I will be Humbly Grateful…

Best regards to everyone who can help…

Lyn Poddley

Poddley Tale’s Euro

Hi @LynPod,

Welcome to the forums!

Not sure I get your question, could you please explain a bit more? What Collection do you have and how would you like to update it? Adding some screenshots may help, along with a short explanation of the user flow.

Thanks!

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Hello Victor…

Mobile Enquiry…

Thank you for your quick response… I have included a diagram of what I want to know how to do…

Basically I want the user to click the “List” Record which shows the same record made by the user “Form”… and when clicked… goes back to the form user filled in to make that record… showing at a glance a visual acount of “All what happend on that day”…

There has to be a simple way of doing this… I can’t work it out… it is
a Major part of my “Hobby3000” PocketLog Apps/Programs…

Best regards
Lyn

Hi @LynPod,

Thanks for the explanation.

I assume, that on the right screenshot you have a Form (the one built-in). Then it’s not possible.
You could try to achieve the result with custom-built form (i.e. you assemble it manually from labels, input fields, button and other components). However, I think that even with custom input it is not possible to attach a “Click+redirect” action to the input itself. Additionally, this will confuse the users (when I click on the input field, I expect that I can start entering the data, rather than going to some other screen).

Another thought in my mind is that you’re trying to use built-in form not for its purpose. What would you like your users to do on the right screen? Edit record or just view it?
If you want them only to view the info, then you’ll need simply to build the view page (labels), and then you can easily attach the Action “Link Back” to the top label.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Victor

Hello Victor…

This is what I make now… it is exactly the way you suggest… by adding lables and fields one by one… with buttons to assist the user…

Thank’s for Light Year response…

I will have a go at custom form…

Best Regards

Lyn

1 Like

Hello Victor…

Better than messing about with a list… (I was going to use it as a “QuikFinder” by using the picture…

is there a simple way just to when the form is visible to the user… put a “Search” field Pic/word etc. somewhere on the top of the form where they can type into… and it will bring up that record in the form… staying on the form page…

Regards

Lyn…

Hi @LynPod,

“Forms” are usually used not for viewing the data, but for editing the data.

For viewing the data, you usually use the Lists. There is a tutorial how to make a search bar to filter the list entries:
https://help.adalo.com/how-to/untitled

There is more advanced tutorial from @pfordmedia how to create the search based on several properties:

Hope this helps.

Best,
Victor

1 Like

Hello Victor…

Yes… Great… I have an idea for this later on in the app…
as you suggested I have been tinkering with a “Custom List” and found I can with a bit of luck add all my fields that are in the users form… thus giving an instant review to show other’s in Club of the days events while having a pint in the local village Pub… Nearest to the Detect hunt Field…

This now will be fine tuned to fit on the view page… (save scrolling)… and using your “Find in List” vid… will go directly to the find chosen from the list… (save a lot of scrolling)…

All my “Hobby300” apps work this way… no matter what hobby… be-it Detecting. Angling… Combat… Thimbles… Die-Cast… etc…

Another Thought… Considering I am using the “FREE!” version… I am pleasantly surprised how great this program is… Seems when you get “Stumped” there is always a solution at hand … either from here the Forum… or a good cup of tea and biscuits … soon sorts it out…

Regards…

Lyn…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.