Is this possible to build in Adalo?

Hello guys,

I need your help to decide if I should go with adalo… Ill be grateful for every answer!

I want to create an app to help fight addictions. I am wondering if such features are possible in Adalo:

1. Day streak - user has to abstain e.g. from alcohol and every day of abstention adds +1 to the counter. If the abstention is broken, user should be able to manually reset the counter.

2. Daily missions - user is prompted with daily missions - around 5-10 missions randomly taken from the list of 1000 missions in the database. Once those missions are done the user can track his progress in some charts, or maybe via Point System.

3. Every user has a personal account so that different people could view others streaks and how they are doing with daily missions. There could even be a ladder of the best users.

On one side, this seems like a simple application, but maybe it has a niche worflow and wont be possible in Adalo… Could you guys please assist?

1 Like

All of it is possible with Adalo.

Hi @alex3 ,

I did try similar like this, not an easy task, database design is critical to overcome limitations, but first of all, having strict comprehensive requirements is absolute necessary, otherwise band-aids will be all over the place and uncontainable features will keep growing.

Is that app of yours viewable somewhere?

Unfortunately unavailable.

There have been apps that are showing features with similarity that you can take and improve upon.

Hi @alex3,
It is possible, and a couple of tips:

1. Day streak - user has to abstain e.g. from alcohol and every day of abstention adds +1 to the counter. If the abstention is broken, user should be able to manually reset the counter.

That could be done similar to this logic but reengineered of course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8qOhHqoZo. You can seem more torwards the end how the count is reset. In your case instead of clicking give me another movie, you would need to have a daily +1 added automatically to the DB.

1. Daily missions - user is prompted with daily missions - around 5-10 missions randomly taken from the list of 1000 missions in the database. Once those missions are done the user can track his progress in some charts, or maybe via Point System.

This would work with scheduled notifications, but you would need something like Zapier/Integromat to create the scheduled and random missions from the DB/List.

1. Every user has a personal account so that different people could view others streaks and how they are doing with daily missions. There could even be a ladder of the best users.

This is easy, just a list of users with relationship to their achievements that is accessible by everyone.

I hope this is helpful to get you started.

Hi Alex3
You will want to double check with the Math capabilities of Adalo for keeping the Counter going. Basically a counter is an accumulator – it adds or subtracts new numbers to itself. This called a Recursive function.
As a recovering alcoholic I applaud your idea. As we say, what is discussed in the rooms, stays in the rooms. Talk with your colleagues about how to keep users identities private while still allowing for them to track their progress.
Best of luck to you. Mary

wow thanks for info! I will start soon

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.