List and custom filter bug

Hello,

I have a list with a custom filter.
With the preview, it looks like the list appears without the custom filter during few milliseconds and then the list appears with the custom filter.

Sometimes I can even click on the bad list item. It’s really dangerous for the app…

Any idea ?

Use a relationship parameter between users and modules.

Then, instead of using “All Modules”, you’d use “Logged-in user > Modules” with the filter ID module is equal to loggedin user parcours 2…

This will prevent other records from loading that the user is not supposed to see.

1 Like

Hi @Nirvana,

Based on my experience that when opening the app it takes like 1 second to load the logged in user data. I added a visibility condition to the list after grouping the list as Logged in user’s > email > is not equal > to empty and then I added a text component that display the logged in user email and then once I preview both are displaying together!

Check this : filter list by my id.mp4 - Google Drive

And also you can try turning on this setting : Latest Performance Updates

Or an easy and a great solution will be connecting them and add that filter like Flawless mentioned!

Thank you

1 Like

@dilon_perera
Thanks to dilon_perera I understand the why.
I tried your visibility trick but it still doesn’t work.

@Flawless
Yes it will be cleaner with relationship.
But I am a newbie ann I don’t know how to give the user a module when he signups.
The user has 3 different “parcours” and I want for each “parcours” a relationship with one module.
For example, for every new user, I want:
Parcours 1 - module 1
Parcours 2 - module 2
Parcours 3 - module 3
How to do that.
An update during the signup screen when he clicks the button signup (s’inscrire in french).
Is it dirty/risky with the same button to signup and to update at the same time ?

I got just what you need right here: How To Add A Collection of Items To Another Collection of Items Within Adalo - YouTube

I made this tutorial a while back. Seems to fit the situation.

Based on my experience adding visibility conditions to the list will take sometime to load.

Make the list as a group clicking the three dots > make group.

And add the visibility condition to the group! ( I have showed this in the video )

Or you can group the components inside the list and add the visibility condition to that group!

Here you can use the Countdown Trick that Flawless mentioned above!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.