So after further trying to figure out how to setup this pizza ordering app I realized a much more efficient way to make it all happen.
Currently, I used the ordering app as the base of my app. This is for a chain restaurant so the menu is identical at all the locations.
So the flow is like this
- User Logins
- Chooses which location they want to order from
- Starts order (this creates an order associated with the location)
- Adds order items (creates order items that is linked to that order)
- Checks out
- That location is notified and can see all their orders on another app using the same database
What I want to do is this
- User logs in
- User Selects “start order” (this would create an order that is not yet associated with a location)
- On the checkout screen (or cart screen) they choose what location they want to order from (this then transfers the order to the appropriate location)
- user complets the purchase
- Store in notified.
We currently have a hacked together website and we just launched location 2 on it and we’re finding that people are ordering from the wrong spot so I thought it would be good to let them make that desicion last.