Sharing app with customers

Hello!

I have a Professional subscription and I have a completed app. I would like to know if it is necessary to publish the application in the apple store and google play so that I can share it with customers, or can I share it with the help of a QR code and a link? If you can, is it necessary to have your own domain or can the application be used through an existing domain assigned by Adalo?

1 Like

Hello, your app can be published through three versions : PWA (Progressive Web App), Android, and IOS. If you would like to upload it to the web, you can connect it to your custom domain, and then it can be shared through URL or QR code.

Thank you!

How to share like PWA?

Hello, you can publish your PWA by going to the “Pubblish” section inside your editor and then connect it to your domain.

Thank you!

If I understand correctly… If, for example, my domain is www.gostinko.com, then the application will be shared using this link and the customer can save it to the desktop of the phone? The QR code will then also have the same link or will be shared as https://previewer.adalo.com/d99e…?

The QR code will share the custom domain that you have published the PWA on.

Thank you!

I’m sorry, but I have a few more questions…

Why do I sometimes have a white screen when I want to preview the app?

And one more question. For example, if the application is already being used by several users and I make changes to the application, do I have to publish the application again or are the changes made in the live application?

Hello, Concerning the white screen, can you please provide more information or images about this issue? For the second question, yes you can always make changes to the app, but if it’s on Android and IOS, you need to publish a new build after finishing your changes.

Thank you!

If the application is published as a PWA, are all changes made in the live application or is it necessary to publish after each change?

The changes are immediately updated for the PWA.

Thank you!

Does this mean that you cannot test the changes in the application first, because every change is automatically published in the live application?

Yes, you can test the changes in the PWA before creating a new build for Android and IOS.

I apologize for asking so many questions… I would only share the application as a PWA and not publish it in the Google and Apple stores. I would send the client a link and she would save the app on her phone’s desktop.

Does this mean that in this case, if I make a change in the application, the application is immediately updated on the customer’s phone and it is not possible to test the application first?

1 Like

No worries, I’ll be happy to answer your questions. Yes if you make an edit for the app, it will immediately change in the customer’s phone. In order to test the change before submitting it, you can clone your app and test changes in it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I think that’s all for now :slight_smile: If I have any more questions, can I send you a direct message?

Yes, sure. I’ll be happy to answer your questions at any time.

Thank you!

Thank’s!

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Thanks for asking all of these questions. I’ve been wondering the same things and was just about to look into this today!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.