Happy Friday everyone!
I can’t seem to figure out how to make a Welcome Series display only when the user logs in for the first time. I tried use the “sometimes” happens option in the link, but it’s not working.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
@dilon_perera, thanks! what do you mean by link to those screens from a compoment?
@dilon_perera Right now, once a user press log-in, the log-in button links to a welcome series. is that what you mean?
The welcome series is showing up every time, but i only want it to show up sometimes.
This is pretty easy. Follow the steps below and you’ll be good!
- Create a number property in your Users collection named LoggedInTimes
- Create a true/false property in your Users Collection called LoggedinYet?
You should have two properties now:
- On the signup form (this is where your users signup to login to your app), add a action to update the logged in-user number property to 0 (you need to add the 0 because Adalo starts the property off as empty so if you just add one it’ll be 0 so you need to add 0) Then, you add another action to add +1 to the loggedintimes.
Adding a 0:
Now adding a +1:
You should have two update actions now:
- (go to the home screen actions now) Now, you should have an UPDATE action update the logged in user LoggedinYet? property
- And now, there is another update property to set the LoggedInTimes to 0, because we don’t want to show the user the welcome text since they already logged in.
You should now have to update actions on your actions for the home screen.
- Then, on your home screen, you would add conditional visibility rule to ONLY show the text IF the LoggedInTimes is EQUAL to 1
I hope this helps!
You can just have a true false called HasAccount? and update the user to True when they press a button on the last onboarding screen to go to the home screen. Then set the home screen to be the landing when the user HasAccount is true