Multilingual App

Multilanguage Apps

We released two components that let you better support an international community. The first is localization which will get the locale information (works okay in web/PWA, really well in Native) and the second is the multi-language translator which will translate all the text and placeholders in your app.

You can install it here: Adalo Components — PragmaFlow

GitHub:

Video:

5 Likes

Hi! Thanks for your components! Seems like there must be a bug comwhere…

I have tried to use translations component and made everything exactly like in your video.
I had setup just for one english word Today and it’s translations in Ukrainian and Russian.

For some weird reason on tarhet scrren with this word all text elements and all buttons went blank. They had completly other names, no one had the word Today in it, so that is weird.

I managed to restore textes only after I discontinued Link action to Translations loader screen…

Hey at @Tim_Mc

This is really an awesome plugin, and i want to start using it right away. I have a few questions:

1. What are the limitations?
  2. Will this work with components with built in text etc? Like calendar/date picker, etc?
  3. What are the best practices? Does it simply work where it searches for a Text Phrase on Screen, and then pairs it with the Databse with the same Key Text Phrase?
  4. Will this work for VERY big apps? Like 150-200 screens?
  5. Do you think will this slow the app down at all?

Before I get stuck into translating a lot of screens, I would just like to know whats the best way to go about it.

Thanks a million guys! Amazing work - keep it up

1 Like

Finally, would it be hard to set up/create a plugin to auto pull “all text used in the app” from the screens that we could simply export CSV and Reupload with the translations?

We have added a new section to our site to help in translations. It is located here

https://adalo.pragmaflowservers.com/translation-helper

2 Likes

Man… are you for real?? This is like some super power adalo stuff right there… I just tried your link and was able to export all 1,500 translations in like 15 seconds… exactly what I was looking! Wow!! Thank you

1 Like

@iAppsNi,
In answer to your questions, we have responded to them one at a time with the following

1. What are the limitations?

Answer.
This only works on text that you enter yourself, not internal Adalo stuff or external sources

1. Will this work with components with built in text etc? Like calendar/date picker, etc?

Answer
No, perhaps in the future, but that is Adalo internal stuff so out of respect I don’t touch their code

1. What are the best practices? Does it simply work where it searches for a Text Phrase on Screen, and then pairs it with the Databse with the same Key Text Phrase?

Answer
That is correct, it searches for text, placeholders, and labels then updates them using the database key text

1. Will this work for VERY big apps? Like 150-200 screens?

Answer
Yes, the only thing that will change from a small to a very big app is the ‘loading’ time. In the video we showed adding a Translation page with a lottie file. On small apps this will be short, on large apps it will be longer. How long? not sure

1. Do you think will this slow the app down at all?

Answer
No, this will not slow down the app once the app is loaded.

1 Like

Absolutely incredible work. That CSV exporter is going to make this plugin so useful! Thanks for your answers also, great stuff. Fingers crossed there may be a quick way in the future to pull adalo visible text! For now I’m more than happy to make do! I’m going to grab this CSV, run it through integromat with Google Translate and test the speed. WIll let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tim_Mc worked a treat!! And Really quick!

I ran into a couple of small issues mainly with special characters in the CSV as Adalo didnt read correctly, But saving as CSV UTF-8 fixed all of those issues.

Anyone looking to translate using this awesome plugin, convert your entire app in about 10mins with google translate + pragmaflow translate plugin… You could use integromat etc… but the below worked perfectly for me!

1. Install Plugin
  2. Grab your CSV Exported Texts automatically from https://adalo.pragmaflowservers.com/translation-helper
  3. Convert your CSV by saving to Excel and uploading here: https://translate.google.co.uk/?sl=auto&tl=zh-CN&op=docs
  4. Download converted column, paste into your CSV…
  5. Save as CSV UTF-8 and Voila…

I’ll likely load it up onto fiverr.com for a verified check by a translation pro.

Well done guys!

3 Likes

Just for the record, it is not that we can’t translate and localize everything in the app, it is that we have been asked (indirectly) not to. Doing it is easy, releasing it to the public is politics.

4 Likes

Hi guys! Thanks a lot for this awesome plugin. Is it possible to translate Magic Text sections?

In my case, I have a bike repair app, where component categories are linked to individual repairs. Each repair has it’s own spare parts, tools and tutorial videos. On my screens, these bits of text are all magic texts but that doesn’t go through with the translations nor the helper tool.

How do I go about this?
Thanks in advance and keep rocking :sunglasses:

Hi Guys, I installed the Multilanguages component. I followed Steven’s video step by step “Multilanguage Adalo App for logged in users” But it doesn’t work I always have a white screen during the preview no matter what I change. Maybe there is a problem with the source code of the component?

White screen appears when I go to the translation loading page

Unfortunately, these components (Pragmaflow’s) are not supported anymore. The only way to do multilingual app is by duplicating the screens

Is this really the case that Adalo has no chance to do multilingual app without duplicating the screens?

I also tried to use these components and had big headaches with this white screen.

To finish my project, I used these software localization services. The guys from there took care of everything and finished all the work in one day + they sent me a certification that the translation was done accurately.

It might be a solution for others struggling with localization.